Skip to main content

Schools

CPISD Home of the Fighting Pirates

Prior to the settlement of the community of Zanzenburg and Center Point, school was taught in shacks and homes. From 1873-1875, B.F. Johnson taught classes in the first school held in various buildings in the area. From 1876-1884, the Center Point Academy served as the community’s school. In 1884, Dr. J.C. Nowlin donated an acre of land for a school building and a plank building was erected. In 1910, San Antonio architect Alfred Giles designed and J.V. Oppert built a two-story limestone building. The school officially opened for classes in the Fall of 1911. Students still receive an education in the original limestone building, which serves as an educational and social hub for Center Point.

Center Point Administration Building 2018 and Historical Marker

 

 

 

Notification Center

E-Note Notification Center